1. Talking to your children/youth about Porn
Available free of charge.
2. No Secrets…Just the Facts
Sexuality education KITS at Sexual Health Centre for Cumberland County for Parents of children under 9 years of age. Cumberland County residents may borrow a kit free of charge.
Sometimes it is difficult to talk with your children about sexuality. If you are not sure where to start, this kit will help. It was made for parents of children ages 0 - 8 years and will be helpful with older children as well.
Why do parents need this Kit? When parents talk with their children about sexuality, it helps keep their children safe.
And, it is important for children to:
- feel good about themselves
- develop healthy, positive feelings about their bodies
- know the correct words for all body parts and functions
- know the difference between public and private
- know that sexual feelings are part of being human
- come to parents for correct information
3. The Changing Years Kit:
Sexuality education KITS at Sexual Health Centre for Cumberland County for Parents of 9 – 12 year olds (and up). Cumberland County residents may borrow this kit free of charge.
These kits contain books and pamphlets (some for the parents, some for youth). The kits were created with input from parents.
When parents talk with their children about sexuality, it helps keep their children safe and healthy, improve self-esteem and postpone sex.
It’s Time to Talk–Borrow the Kit!
Ask us about Parent Programs that may be available.
Phone (902) 667-7500.